Forum

Platten

21 Octayne - neues Album " into the open"

buggi
21 OCTAYNE is a new band featuring the well-known musicians Hagen Grohe (The Joe Perry Project), Alex Landenburg (Axxis, Mekong Delta, Symfonia), Andrew "The Bullet" Lauer (Mel Gaynor, Oku & The Reggaerockers) and Marco Wriedt (Axxis). After gaining extensive experience in the music business including album recordings and worldwide touring, the time felt right for the members to form a new band that embraces their individual styles. From catchy pop/rock songs and ballads to heavy rock: 21 OCTAYNE is a true representation of musical diversity.

Marco: "In summer 2008, I met Alex Landenburg for the first time when we were looking for a new drummer for my hard rock band 'Axxis'. I got into the rehearsal room where Alex was setting up his drums for the audition. And for some reason, and right from the start, there was this amazing chemistry between us. We liked the same bands and shared the same vision musically. So even during a time when it wasn't clear if Alex would share my path in 'Axxis', he sent me a message to tell me that we had to form a band someday, no matter what."

Alex: "I've known Andrew for quite some time and he was my first choice when thinking about the bass player for 21 OCTAYNE."

In August 2010, the three musicians met for a first jam session in southern Germany - only to realize there was the perfect magic in the room that made everyone want to continue.

Andrew: "We just thought 'let's see what happens' and we jammed for hours and hours. We really enjoyed ourselves. It felt like a family whose members have known each other for thirty years or more."

Marco: "Right from the start, I knew that we had something and the ideas the single members came up with were quite different from each other. That appealed a lot to me because I like to have an open mind."
Having the instruments covered, the three started looking for a suitable singer for their vision. It was bassist Andrew who brought the perfect solution to the table: Joe Perry vocalist Hagen Grohe.

Andrew: "He popped into my head all of a sudden. I called him and he was interested - so he came over and we played some cover songs and jammed on the song ideas we had already drafted up. And after only one hour I knew that we had found the missing link!"

Hagen: "We have so many goals with this band and we can't wait to perform our songs live in front of a large and diverse audience. Since we are not limited to only one musical genre, I'm confident we will be able to reach the eyes and ears of many people."

It is essential to the four-piece to create something fresh - to overcome boundaries and to build something that musically transitions the listeners into the new decade, far away from clichés or constraints. And only those who listen closely will discover the roots that 21 OCTAYNE encloses...
Skallagrimur

:floet: