MONO 011 CUT CITY / CAT PARTY "Split" 7INCH
CUT CITY @ MYSPACE
CAT PARTY @ MYSPACE

MONO 012 MEDUSA "En Raga Sül" CD
MEDUSA @ MYSPACE

MONO 013 TRISTAN TZARA "Omorina Nad Evropom" 12INCH
TRISTAN TZARA @ MYSPACE

Next Releases

MONO 014 POPECITELJI "Ko Radi?" CD (Spring 2009)
POPECITELJI @ MYSPACE

MONO 015 NQ "Tba" CD (2009)
NQ @ MYSPACE

MONO 016 CUT CITY "Narcissus Can Wait" 12INCH (March 2009)
CUT CITY HOMEPAGE
CUT CITY @ MYSPACE
monotonstudio
CUT CITY "NARCISSUS CAN WAIT" 12INCH AVAILABLE NOW!!
www.cut-city.com
www.monotonstudio-records.de

Since the wait for new songs by Cut City has been so long, I hardly
dared to expect something like this. Sure, I’ve seen the band live more
than a bunch of times since the last record, and I knew that they’ve
grown a lot more fierce and confident, but I haven’t really caught this
more subtle, ambient side of the band.

When I listen to Narcissus Can Wait I’m quite impressed that they’ve
developed the familiar territories of the band's past, and at the same
time managed to take more than a few steps into the more spacious and
sparse. Yes, there’s still some fine and harsh post punk from the mid to
late 2000’s version present in a way, Liars have certainly made a dent
this time around, as well as some old school hardcore appreciation. Some
hints have been taken from more stretched out post rocking acts with a
knack for dynamic song structure as well I’d say, but there’s so much more.

The songs are weaved together neatly, it’s fluent like the songs can’t
be played in any other order, and this epic EP gives us both stretches
of laid back melancholy and exploding cascades of sweet ear wrecking
roughness. Sure, there are references to be made if one decides to, but
Narcissus Can Wait consists of sounds and songs that are made from
people with a love for music, not specific bands.

- Mikael Nordlander, Deleted Art

Reviews:
For a second there, post-punk became really cool again. Interpol were said to be haunted by the ghost of Ian Curtis. The term was being thrown at bands like The Departure and Editors, even Bloc Party before they set out to become the next electro-clash sensation. Then came Anton Corbijn’s Control (which I suffered through at D.C.’s fashionable E Street Theater while scenesters filled the cinema with whispers every time a Joy Division song came on – “This is my favorite song, like, oh my god”), possibly the revival’s final hurrah. And then, as quickly as it had come, the resurgence withered. By the time that The Arcade Fire dropped Neon Bible and The Killer’s released Sam’s Town*, everyone’s favorite record became Born To Run (especially if they hated The Killers, this gave them ample cause for furthering their hatred)… and the post-punk renaissance was over. Sweden’s Cut City never got that memo. Following up 2007’s Exit Decades, a record that spanned every form of contemporary post-punk – from near mimicry of Joy Division’s production and sound to compositions that would not have felt amiss lost in the tracklistings for Silent Alarm or The Back Room – Cut City have tightened up on Narcissus Can Wait. Continuing on with the voice that felt most their own from Exit Decades, flushed with the momentum present on their split 7” with Cat Party, Narcissus Can Wait is everything a five song EP should be – forcefully constructed and feeling like a completed work, not a few tracks slapped together to tide fans over until the next album. Max Hansson appears more comfortable with his vocal delivery, no longer attempting to channel Curtis (which, to be honest, he’s rather good at). Most strikingly, only two of the five tracks are in any way driving, the remaining three being lush, stratified compositions evoking moments of Working for a Nuclear Free City, My Bloody Valentine, and Youth Group’s latest, and finest, record The Night Is Ours. With White Lies making some serious waves across the pond, it may not be a bad idea to diversify your 2009 post-punk record collection so as to be too cool for school when the hype makers start riding high on that post-punk wave again. Trust me, having a Joy Division t-shirt just doesn’t cut it anymore these days.

Rating = 4.5 out of 5
Review by Lars Garvey | Automaton Industries

To be completely honest, I wasn't that into Cut City's full length "Exit decades". A few solid tracks to be sure, but it didn't hold my attention. As for their new EP "Narcissus can wait", well, this time they hit it out of the park: five tracks, all killer, no filler. They're still mining the sounds of 80s goth/postpunk, 'cept now I think they've figured out their own path and are set on creating their own unique sound. For one, the hardcore influence is stronger. It may not be totally obvious, but I definitely hear it on "Departure in particular" in the heightened energy level, the noisy guitar stabs and the busy drum fills. The mood and the melody still possess some of the austere quality of bands like Joy Division and The Cure, but the approach is so much more vigorous, more determined. If I was playing music now, this is the kind of stuff I'd want to do. I should add that this even beats out the excellent "Replacement" single. Cut City has been 100% on-point going forward - total second life.

Review by It's A Trap
monotonstudio
MEDUSA "EN RAGA SÜL" CD AVAILABLE NOW!!
MEDUSA HOMEPAGE
MONOTONSTUDIO ONLINESTORE

An unknown name to many outside of Clash of the Titans fans, Medusa stand poised to deliver a sonic deathblow to all that is false with En Raga Sul, the deadliest 15 tracks to grace a vinyl platter in a long fucking time. Consisting of 3/4ths of the creative nucleus of the juggernaut Racebannon, Medusa bludgeon the listener with a riff-centric cyclone that sounds like Slayer playing Melvins covers through the MC5’s equipment. You’ve never heard anything quite like it, and when En Raga Sul is over, you will be left beaten, torn, and begging for more oxygen, and one more listen.
Toiling amongst the shades for their formative years, Medusa spent almost 5 years constructing a solid lineup and a solid stable of impure jams designed to level and destroy all that stands in their path. En Raga Sul is their only recording to date, and living proof that the way of the tortoise is often times the correct one for those who walk the left hand path. Instead of releasing some watered-down “BS” in the name of record sales and hype, Medusa honed and crafted a maelstrom of tar-stained riffs, thunderous drumming, and vocal incantations with more drama, tension, and hatred than an average Destiny’s Child practice. Sludgey riffs knuckle-drag themselves out of the dankest of swamps, only to careen into fast distorted oblivion at the drop of a hat, with the listener losing 5d20 with each successive passage.
Tracks like 'Wicked Father', 'Rain un Thunder', 'Throne of God', 'Flesh Fly', 'Destructor', and the title track leave no room for breath, false moves, or faked jacks: this is the real deal. No girl clothes, no banjos, and no weak shit. Medusa is a blood-thirsty riff-centric weed machine that eats life and shits death, and En Raga Sul takes no prisoners. Less an “album” and more of a trance-inducing black ritual of catharsis, Hawthorne Street Records, Monotonstudio Records and Medusa have teamed up to deliver a bestial 12 inches of raw fury. The question is, are you strong enough in constitution and intestinal fortitude to stand up against the 15 tracks on En Raga Sul?

-D.Britts

Reviews:
Für all die da draußen, denen Racebannon in letzter Zeit etwas zu sehr abgehoben sind mit ihren Drei-Sekunden-Tracks, ihren metaphysischen Amokläufen, tritt deren Nebenbeschäftigung Medusa ein paar Schritte zurück in Richtung Gotteslästerung, Black Sabbath aus der Entombed-Perspektive und „Today Is The Day durch den Schlamm gezogen“. Eine Ode an die niederen Instinkte, wie man sie seit Carnivore und Boris Beckers geheimen Tagebüchern selten gehört hat.
-Vice Magazine (9 out of 10 points)

"...these guys assault Melvins-style doom with a nasty punk rock cockslap"
-Prefixmag.com

"Medusa takes their idea of a heavy metal riff, and then just pounds the shit out of it for two minutes straight in a repetitive, thundering way. And I've got to admit, it's pretty awesome. These short bursts of songs are what keeps the album fresh and listenable."
-Punknews.org

“EN RAGA SuL takes you through a small medieval atmosphere where you seem unsure about everything around you, but there’s something peculiar keeping you from leaving. From shiny, screaming guitars, to distorted thrash metal riffs and drumming like a giant banging away on aluminum pots, this album is able to keep you on your toes as each track plays through with a forcible, menacing manner."
-WayTooLoud.com

“En Raga Sül is a no-nonsense, no-fucking-around pile up of thrash, hardcore and noise-rock that rarely lingers long enough to be casually cast as any. Think The Stooges jamming with members of the Melvins and Slayer: harsh, challenging, engaging and relentlessly dynamic…”
–Metal Hammer

“Nearly every track wrings pure joy from menace, while rocking like a towering great bastard.”
-Terrorizer

“Veering from attritional pounding riffs, vile screams and distorted vocals to more full-on, full-speed punk intensity, this is consistently ace stuff.”
–Rock Sound
monotonstudio
NEUER STOFF IM SHOP:

LES AUS / SHEIK ANORAK & WEASEL WALTER DUO "split" 10INCH
WEASEL WALTER "apocalyptik paranoia" CD
OFFONOFF / JAZKAMER "split" 10INCH
LEWIS KARLOFF "lapin de couture" CD
A.H. KRAKEN "tatiana" LP
LITE "phantasia" LP
LITE / FUNANORI "split" MCD
LITE "filmlets" CD

IN DEN NÄCHSTEN TAGEN:

GAY BEAST "Second Wave" Deluxe LP
GAY BEAST Disrobics CD (Limited!) (Silkscreen Cover Edition!)
PRE "Hope Freaks" LP
PRE "Epic Fits" Limited Edition "Metal Box" CD
THE CHINESE STARS "Turbo Mattress" Transparent CD
THE CHINESE STARS "Listen To Your Left Brain" LP
THE CHINESE STARS TV Grows Arms EP (White vinyl 12" - limited!)
MICROWAVES / MADE IN MEXICO 7"

monotonstudio
new:
AIDS WOLF 7" (skin graft)
HEALTH "get color" LP (clear vinyl)
BIPOLAR BEAR 7" (labil records)

still hot:
GAY BEAST "Second Wave" Deluxe LP
GAY BEAST Disrobics CD (Limited!) (Silkscreen Cover Edition!)
PRE "Hope Freaks" LP
PRE "Epic Fits" Limited Edition "Metal Box" CD
THE CHINESE STARS "Turbo Mattress" Transparent CD
THE CHINESE STARS "Listen To Your Left Brain" LP
THE CHINESE STARS TV Grows Arms EP (White vinyl 12" - limited!)
MICROWAVES / MADE IN MEXICO 7"
monotonstudio
Bild anzeigen

BUT GOD CREATED WOMAN "SUPERGOD" 10INCH OUT NOW!

Recording debut in 2004 on Psychotica Records with the s/t Ep.
The first disc is the 2006 "Love your children" published by
the French Gaffer Records and reissued by the Japanese Senha & Co.
The eclectic Californian musician Weasel Walter has edited mixing and mastering.

Following the European tour (France, England, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Czech Republic,
Austria), alongside the americans Talibam! took shape in 2008 the 7''
published by Holidays Records.

Another vinyl "SUPERGOD" was published with the help of Musica Per Organi Caldi
and Monotonstudio Records. Both live as on record BGCW has always amazed:
cool, acid ... in short, overwhelming.

MONOTONSTUDIO ONLINESHOP
MONOTONSTUDIO @ FACEBOOK
MONOTONSTUDIO @ MYSPACE
MONOTONSTUDIO @ SOUNDCLOUD
BUT GOD CREATED WOMAN @ MYSPACE
monotonstudio