Forum

Musik

Maxïmo Park Special - Eure Fragen zum Album-Release

visionsnils
Fragen über Fragen. Viele davon haben Maxïmo Park bereits in Interviews beantwortet, jetzt stellen sie sich euren.

Die Single "The Kids Are Sick Again" ist bereits seit Anfang des Monats erhältlich und konnte auch schon audiovisuell begutachtet werden. Nun zieht die Band aus Newcastle mit dem dazugehörigen Album nach.

Am heutigen Freitag erscheint die dritte Studioplatte "Quicken The Heart" und befindet sich bereits unter den Schönheiten der aktuellen VISIONS Nr. 194 - nicht zuletzt deswegen ist sie auch unsere Platte der Woche auf visions.de geworden.

Aber wer Musik macht, ist ebenso geneigt, darüber zu erzählen und so findest du in der aktuellen VISIONS auch eine sechsseitige Story, bei der keine Frage ungestellt bleiben sollte. Oder vielleicht doch? Jetzt kommst du ins Spiel, denn exklusiv zur Veröffentlichung bieten wir dir die Möglichkeit, mehr über die Entstehung von "Quicken The Heart" zu erfahren. Womöglich genau das Detail, das die Band noch nie zuvor in einem Interview preisgegeben hat!

Bis zum 12. Mai könnt ihr hier eure Fragen posten, fünf davon wird sich Sänger Paul Smith persönlich aussuchen und in der folgenden Woche in aller Ausführlichkeit beantworten. Wenn sich am 18. Mai herausstellt, dass ihr Mr. Smith mit eurer Frage überzeugen konntet, werdet ihr dafür entweder mit einem Exemplar von "Quicken The Heart" oder der exklusiven und nicht im Handel erhältlichen "Wraithlike" 7“-Inch belohnt. Und natürlich mit einer Antwort des stets gut gekleideten und ebenso eloquenten Frontmannes - und vielleicht drängt es ja auch den Rest der Band, auch Rede und Antwort zu stehen.
GUNTHER
German:
Wie steht ihr zu eurer Musik? Sind eure Songs auf dem Album kostenlose Beigaben und man bezahlt das Cover und Artwork oder ist eure Musik als geistiges Eigentum zu bezahlen?

thx

English:
What is your view about your music. Do you see your songs as a free gift and the cover and the artwork is what we pay for or do you see your music as intellectual property which has to be paid.

Danke

Gunther

Zuletzt geändert von GUNTHER

made56
wer hat deiner meinung nach das schlechteste album des letzten jahres gemacht?

which was the worst album of the last year?
Pete.The.Girl
Nachdem ich mir die Platte heute gekauft und mittlerweile auch mehrmals gehört habe, gebe ich der Rezension von Carsten Schumacher Recht - Maximo Park haben vielleicht nicht den ad hoc Knaller rausgehauen, aber ich finde des schon cool, dass mir die Platte von Mal zu Mal immer noch was Neues bietet - und "In Another World" kommt langsam aber gewaltig, das Ding ist echt mein persönlicher Hit!

@Paul: Habt ihr es bewusst vermieden, ein zweites "Books From Boxes" zu schreiben? Ist es eigentlich leichter einen so eingängigen Song zu schreiben als einen komplexeren?

- englisch: Did you avoid to have a second "books from boxes" on purpose? Is it easier to write this kind of very melodic song - or in the end more difficult?

@VISIONS: Falls ich etwas gewinnen sollte, wäre die Maxi seeeehr cool ;)
jonny rakete
Why are you so fucking cool?
stereozwerg
Dear Paul,
First of all I must say, after hearing first bits of "Quicken The Heart", I'm really happy. A lot of other bands kind of disappointed me with their third albums, it was like a curse. But fortunately you (attention: wordplay!) jumped over that cliff. It's great how you moved forward without copying anyone or repeating yourself. Especially TKASA and Questing have become instant darlings of mine!
Back to the topic. Tell me, since you've grown everybody's darlings, every magazine gives you pages of friendly words, your gigs are sold out within a blink, you fill arenas...what are the next Maximo Challenges? Or for someone like me who was not lucky enough to catch one of your club gigs yet, are things like playing in front of a handful of people still on your list? Or is it the bigger things you're aiming for? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you being so successful, but, well, I am a fan of intimacy.
Oh, and rumour has it your inner guitarist does something solo. True or False?

Okay, that's enough question marks for one person I guess.
All the best to you and the rest!
Älex
joko91
Hey Paul =)

have you already been making music in high school or did you develope your love for music later? And is there a special incident that let you know that making music was kinda your destiny (sry i dont know any better word to describe what i mean =D)?
One last of those curious questions :wink: : is there any song that really influenced (or changed) your life?

lotta love to you an the rest of the band, love your music

joko
Tilly
At first: I love the new album. Maybe even more than A Certain Trigger and Our Earthly Pleasures.
After the release of Our Earthly Pleasures you have always been asked what your earthly pleasures are. It is not quite innovative, but referring to that I would like to ask what quickens your heart.
And another one if I may: How do you cope with bad reviews?
punkmausi
Mich würde interessieren wie Pauls Eltern/Familie damals reagiert haben als sie feststellen mussten, dass er Berufsmusiker wird? So von wegen brotlose Kunst und so.
Und im Gegenzug natürlich, wie ihre Reaktion dann war als er damit tatsächlich erfolgreich wurde?
ironseafish
Hi..ich hab auch ne Frage.
I've got a question, too. :cool:

I'd like to know if it happens, that you, Paul, write a song or a text to a song, but then realize it has become too personal and you decide not to release it - or are you absolutely unafraid to present your soul in public? Do you sometimes feel exposed when you peform a new song for the first time or is it rather liberating?

and another one:

How does Tom manage to play the drums without moving any part of his body except his arms and his feet? I always admire this, I honestly do. :smile: It's so cool. So different from all the other drummers.
Claudïa
Hi Paul!

Parts of the media, esp. the English one, describe "Quicken the heart" as the first album for the new recession, how do you feel about it? It tends to make the album sound darker than it actually is. Apart from "The kids are sick again" I haven't found any lyrics on the album that refer to the society and economy these days and even this song wasn't planned as a "recession song" I guess as it was finished months before the recession began in late 2008, was it? Are you angry/disappointed because this description leaves out many aspects of the new album or don't you care about critics at all?

Cheers and roll on Manchester and Brixton, Claudia
blowmaster
Hello,
when do you think is the perfect time/moment in the year to release an album and why???
3questions
hi!
three questions - sorry, couldn't decide...
1. a boyfriend once wrote a song for me. unlike your songs, this one remained amongst the two of us. when i listen to it today, it gives my a peculiar feeling, but still puts a smile on my face. your songs are out in the world - so, any reactions by the ladies you are singing about? positive or negative?
2. you seemed to be nervous during the first song at the lido. true?
3. ehm, a personal one... remember that 'tout-resistant' girl outside the forum in may 08? big misunderstanding. the spare vip-ticket is still in my box of devotional objects. anyway, hearing you talking about me on the radio made me feel very weird. oops.
thanks! please survive all the merch and come back to berlin asap!
nothingman
hi,
warum verschwinden so großartige nummern wie altman/cole/baudrillard oder obstinate ideas oft auf (vinyl-)b-seiten? gibt es bald eine 'missing songs' part II?
r.stellmacher
hej hej,

producing new albums is always a step of growth, progression and development of the musicality of bands.
what makes "quicken the heart" a better and more interesting album than the already released ones?

greetings
wilder rockerr
Hey Paul,
i`ve 2 short question:

1. For you, what is the most under-estimated band of the world ?
2. When you are on tour, on every date you play your greatest hits like "books from boxes" oder "Apply some pressure". Isn`t it boring to play these songs again & again every day.
Do you play them only because of the audience will` and wish to play rather some rarities instead of the "big hits" ?

Greetings
secret meeting
Dear Mr. Smith,
who do you think is the best lyricist in music at the moment, besides yourself? :wink:
Moodswings
- As Oscar Wilde said: "The world will be our immortality."
Through the art, you create your immortality. Do you see music as your way to move through life and perhaps become immortal?

- How has your musical and artistic vision changed since you started out as a band?

- Have you ever experienced lucid dreaming?

:bow:
Moodswings
kommt die Auflösung im Heft oder online?
Nulle08
Fragen über Fragen...;-))

Zwischendurch hier mal wieder ein paar Antworten der werten Herren Smith & Wooller von MAXIMO PARK. Schönes, 8-minütiges Videointerview am Start!!

Viel Spaß...! Vielleicht tuen sich dort ja noch ein paar weitere Fragen auf...?!