Forum

Musik

RIP Jason Molina

BabyBorderline
"We're terribly sad to report the passing of our old friend, Jason Molina. He was a gifted human being. R.I.P." - Temporary Residence

grad auf Facebook gelesen. war ein ganz großer.:sad:

ONTURN
fuck!
BabyBorderline
Jason Molina, an extremely prolific singer-songwriter who has released albums under his own name, the moniker Songs: Ohia, and as the frontman for the band Magnolia Electric Co., passed away on Saturday. The news comes via Chunklet, but the post in which the news was announced has been removed. Via Pitchfork, who quoted the original blog post, Molina died from organ failure related to alcoholism.

Molina had been laying low for the last two years. In September 2011 came the announcement that the singer-songwriter was in treatment on and off for years, and his increasing medical expenses had prevented him from working on music. He had been living on a working farm in West Virginia. In May of last year, Molina posted a note to the Magnolia Electric Co. tumblr thanking friends and fans for reaching out in support.

I hate taking to the internet—especially this space—to express my grief for a person I didn't know. I met Jason Molina a couple of times after the several Magnolia Electric Co. performances I had attended in Virginia and in Chicago, and he was an incredibly sweet, outgoing individual. As Jason Molina's words have always touched me in some way, this is incredibly upsetting news.www.blackbookmag.com, 18.03.2013 17:02 #
OneFingerSalute
Kenne seine Musik kaum, aber die Menge der Trauereinträge auf meiner Facebook-Pinnwand ist beeindruckend - vor allem, weil ihn offenbar so viele Leute mit unterschiedlichsten Musikgeschmäckern geschätzt haben.
eigenwert
Ach Scheiße :confused: :heul: .
ONTURN
hier läuft gerade eins seiner solo-alben. wird wohl heute in vielen haushalten der fall sein.
das cover ist eine nahaufnahme von ihm mit gitarre. ich sitze ca 4m vom plattenspieler an dem das cover steht und arbeite. mein blick sucht häufig das cover. denke an tolle konzertabende mit ihm.
bin echt traurig...
pixiesa

Ohia - The Black Crow
pixiesa
:bow: Das ganze Album ist zu empfehlen

Songs: Ohia-Coxcomb Red
Powder To The People
Totgesoffen, naja. Wenigstens Rock'n'Roll.
eigenwert
:bow: Das ganze Album ist zu empfehlen

Songs: Ohia-Coxcomb Redpixiesa, 18.03.2013 19:13 #

Yep.
Bis auf dieses eine Stück...
pixiesa
Ich finds komplett saugut, gibts ja auch nicht oft
usopp
Mir fehlen die Worte. R.I.P.
SURFACER
so krass, wenn man sich die songs jetzt anhört....erscheinen sie noch trauriger, als sie eh schon waren...