Forum

Platten

Der Vinyl Thread

Nathanael_x
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

@Cracker: du glaubst die Preise für diese limitierte Platte werden bisschen fallen? Ich bin mir da bisschen unsicher. :hm:
Crackerman
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

@Cracker: du glaubst die Preise für diese limitierte Platte werden bisschen fallen? Ich bin mir da bisschen unsicher. :hm:Nathanael_x, 09.04.2017 03:09 #

Da liegst du wohl richtig. Würde mir ja auch gefallen, aber ich hab mich denn doch entschieden, nicht alle Preise mitzumachen. Sonst geht das immer nur in eine Richtung weiter. Wenn sie also mal günstig zu haben ist, schön. Wenn nicht, ich hab ja die Show gesehen :smile:.
KurdtKillsBoddah
Pünktlich zum Start der 3. Staffel von Twin Peaks erscheinen die Soundtracks zur Serie und zum Film nochmals auf Vinyl.
Anders als die Mondo-Veröffentlichungen kommen diese Neuauflagen mit den Originalcovern und das sehr viel günstiger als die Varianten von Mondo.

Bild anzeigen

Bild anzeigen
MartinwillVinyl
sehr schön! Zwar immer noch kein Pappenstiel aber doch schon deutlich ansprechender als die Mondo-Releases.
KurdtKillsBoddah
Bei den Versionen wird der Preis doch hoffentlich noch fallen.
SHITHEAD
No Idea gibt auf. Zerreißt mir ein bisschen das Herz, die Nachricht. Ein :sad: reicht da nicht. :sad::sad::sad::sad:
A good friend I hadn’t talked to in a while recently me asked how I was doing. I kinda laughed and said, “I’m doing great, and I’m doing crappy.” The last couple of years have been brutal. Labels and distributors have been adjusting to working with less, then adjusting again. And again. It’s the same story all around. So many labels and distros told us they were moving to smaller spaces, downsizing, and that 2016 was their worst year on record. There are a lot of people in their 40’s (and beyond) pondering the value of what they’ve been doing with their lives. It runs deep. I sincerely worry that we are on the verge of seeing an entire generation of doers, stop doing. That is to say, stop doing THIS and moving on with their lives. I count myself as one of them, but like so many: here I am. I don’t know when I will put out another new record, beyond projects already in the works that I committed to a year or more ago. That’s not something I need to think about right now and, indeed, for the first time in maybe 15 years… the thought does not bother me.
In tandem, Jennifer had her own epiphany: after 20 years running the Distribution side of things, she was ready to let go of the stress. As she put it, “I did this for 20 years. That was plenty.” Letting all of this sink in, the hard job of bumming everyone out began. She had to start the process of contacting the exclusive labels she worked with and let them know they needed to find another route for wholesale distribution. The process of palleting and shipping thousands of copies of records and CDs began. As well, we had been storing 30,000+ empty LP jackets, along with a vast amount of overstock. Decisions had be made, things destroyed, things recycled. At one point near the end of that process, I rented a U-Haul moving van, filled it, and drove to the recycling center. It was liberating taking out my frustrations on those damn boxes, but bittersweet. It represented all those dreams… all those unfilled record jackets. The unloved, the bad gambles, the success stories that ran their course… and in the end, liberation from clutter. “How can I throw this away? It’s someone’s art.” And then you throw it away.
After months of physically demanding and mentally draining labor and effort on their part, it hit me like a thunderbolt… that when Chad and Tony said goodbye for Thanksgiving break… they were saying goodbye, goodbye. It was just me and Jennifer again. Just like 1995. Just like when, after a part-time mail-order fellow had moved away, we said to Matt, “I don’t know who we should ask to help?” and he said, “ME!” Nearly 20 years later, that led to one of the most painful things I’ve ever had to do… lay off an employee and friend who had been working side-by-side with us through it all. I’m literally tearing up as I type this, still.
No one would ever start something like this as a venture capital strategy. It’s just gambling; straight up gambling, every single time you press a record. Even though that often led to a black hole, I loved it anyway. As a result, I’ll be paying off debts from all this for years to come.
But this is what it is. We do what we must. I have certainly run myself ragged to make ends meet over the last year, working odd jobs, flipping collectibles and ephemera, trading books, selling old records, looking under couch cushions, and essentially whatever else came to mind. Fantastic clutter indeed… and now it’s someone else’s clutter. Just like art, it’s all down to the beholder’s eye.
I digress. I’m not generally an over-sharer. I am a relatively reclusive person most of the time. You can get me on a roll, of course, and I’ll do a little dance and tell you a story. But more often than not, my mind is elsewhere… bending a sheet of metal or wondering how water slowly corrodes copper in such a lovely way. As well, I am my own worst enemy. I’m a brooder. And I really don’t particularly want to engage with anyone at all when I’m in one of those funks. I’m often deep in my own head and do not consider how my furrowed brow is being interpreted by others. I want the work to be the focus, not the face of me.
It’s hard to believe this all started way back in 1985, when the first issue of our fanzine got folded and stapled by a bunch of high school kids, just coming into things. Along the way, I have seen an enormous amount of people come and go, both geographically, mentally, and also biologically. It’s important to remember that all this effort means a lot. It makes a difference. Together we create an open space where people can learn and grow, eventually spinning their ideas off into their own ventures. That’s amazing!
I sincerely treasure and appreciate all of the support we have received over the years. This a long road we are on, and we have so much more yet to do.
“Keep on dreamin’.”

Thanks and take care! --Var
Drunken Third
:sad:
OneFingerSalute
Das ist echt scheiße :heul:
Crackerman
Ich kenne die ja grad mal vom Namen, aber das zu lesen ist echt sehr traurig.
KurdtKillsBoddah
Hat jemand einen Tipp für mich wo ich die Vinylversion von Earths A Bureaucratic Desire For Extra-Capsular Extraction kaufen kann? Ich suche primär einen Shop in Deutschland.

Merci.
OhDaesu
Hat jemand einen Tipp für mich wo ich die Vinylversion von Earths A Bureaucratic Desire For Extra-Capsular Extraction kaufen kann? Ich suche primär einen Shop in Deutschland.

Merci.KurdtKillsBoddah, 08.06.2017 11:09 #

Gelistet ist sie hier: http://shop.doom-dealer.de/ (über die Suchaktion zu finden)

Nach eigener Erfahrung sind im Shop aber nicht alle Platten tatsächlich auch auf Lager, aber eine Anfrage dort kann ja nicht schaden :cheers:
KurdtKillsBoddah
Die habe ich auch schon gefunden. Dachte, es geht vielleicht noch etwas günstiger. :wink:
Ich werde mal noch etwas stöbern...
Trotzdem :cheers:!
KurdtKillsBoddah

Eine eine Mars Red Sky-EP erscheint demnächst.
Die EP namens Myramid kann man bereits vorbestellen.
Limitiert auf 500 Stück. 200 davon noch limitierter.
roquai
Es ist verdammt noch mal Zeit für ein Repress von Jamiroquais "A Funk Odyssey"!!

Bekommt man nicht für unter 200 im Netz, aber das Ding hat so nen enormen persönlichen Wert für mich, dass es nicht mehr lustig ist!! :heul:
roquai
Pünktlich zum Start der 3. Staffel von Twin Peaks erscheinen die Soundtracks zur Serie und zum Film nochmals auf Vinyl.
Anders als die Mondo-Veröffentlichungen kommen diese Neuauflagen mit den Originalcovern und das sehr viel günstiger als die Varianten von Mondo.

Bild anzeigen

Bild anzeigenKurdtKillsBoddah, 17.05.2017 08:40 #

Bestellt - danke, Alter! :cheers:
KurdtKillsBoddah
Herzlichsten! :cheers:
Crackerman
Die habe ich auch schon gefunden. Dachte, es geht vielleicht noch etwas günstiger. :wink:
Ich werde mal noch etwas stöbern...
Trotzdem :cheers:!KurdtKillsBoddah, 08.06.2017 15:59 #

Bei discogs hast du sie bestimmt auch gesehen? Slowboy ist ein echt cooler Plattenladen in Düsseldorf, vielleicht findest du ja da noch ein bisschen. Die Preise da waren auch wirklich fair. Also für beide.
KurdtKillsBoddah
Oh. Slowboy ist mir ein Begriff. Habe ich bei Discogs desöfteren schon gesichtet.
Hab auch gerade gesehen, dass der Laden viele Sachen anbietet, die ich auf der Wantlist habe.

Das wird's wohl werden. Besten Dank. :bigsmile: